As a public water company, De Watergroep attaches great importance to social commitment. We have been actively supporting projects in the Third World for several years. All our projects share the emphasis on water.
Projects in Belgium and abroad
In addition to the financial support of a number of foreign projects, De Watergroep also deploys its many years of expertise in drinking water supply on-site. An overview of completed and ongoing projects:
- Chile: development of drinking water supply in the village of Punta Chorros
- Congo: project on drinking water system and drinking water committees in Ituri
- Madagascar: development of drinking water supply and sanitation in Toamasina
- Surinam: development of drinking and wastewater facilities in Galibi, Surinam
- Bolivia: exchange project under the "exchange-learn" programme
- Mali: project on water management in the Inner Niger Delta.
For these projects, De Watergroep often collaborates with Protos, a non-governmental organisation specialising in water projects for the Third World, and the Flemish Partnership Water for Development.
In addition, we have teamed up with Tiger Power for the development of a mobile drinking water system that runs on solar power.