Central Administrative Bodies
De Watergroep has 2 central administrative bodies: the General Assembly and the Board of Directors.
The General Assembly is the highest body within De Watergroep. It convenes once a year in June. The General Assembly is responsible for approving the annual accounts, appointing auditors, appointing directors, and for establishing or amending the articles of association of De Watergroep. The General Assembly is composed of one representative per partner.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is in charge of the general policy of De Watergroep. The Board of Directors consists of 16 members and one President. The appointment proceeds as follows:
- The President is appointed by the Government of Flanders
- 8 of the 16 members are appointed by the Government of Flanders
- 2 directly by the Goverment of Flanders
- 4 on the recommendation of the partners at a provincial partners' meeting
- 2 Independent Directors on the recommendation of the Board of Directors of De Watergroep
- The other 8 members are appointed by the General Assembly, on the recommendation of the partners at a provincial partners' meeting.
Composition of the Board of Directors
Mieke Van Hootegem
Eric De Keyser
Luc Vande Caveye
Charlotte Van Strydonck
Mieke Offeciers-Van De Wiele
Michiel Van Peteghem, Commissioner of the Government of Flanders
Pieter De Cuyper, Representative of the Flemish Minister for Finance and Budget